The Best Natural Anti-Aging Routines for Glowing Skin
Starting to see wrinkles and uneven skin tone in the mirror? It can be overwhelming to decide which anti-aging creams and habits are best for your skin to stay young, but don't worry. We have the best natural anti-aging routine for glowing skin to start feeling and looking younger! Learn about an easy skincare routine and lifestyle changes that help keep skin hydrated and healthy.
Cleanse and exfoliate your skin.
Cleaning your skin and removing impurities daily is the best way to start your anti-aging skincare routine.
Make sure to use a gentle cleanser to maintain the skin's natural oils, keeping your face hydrated and glowing, even in the most humid climates.
Sleeping with your makeup on can lead to collagen degradation resulting in premature aging, so always cleanse before bed.
If your skin can withstand it, try exfoliating with an enzyme- or glycolic acid-based scrub twice weekly. This anti-aging skincare regime will help remove dead skin cells from the surface without putting too much strain on your complexion.
Cleansing and exfoliating the skin have other excellent skin benefits:
- Maintain proper pore size.
- Remove irritants and dirt that can cause acne and severe skin infections.
- Prevent the production of excess oils.
- Help absorb anti-aging serum and products when applied.
- Keep skin radiant.
Nourish and hydrate the skin daily.
To keep your skin looking youthful, it's essential to keep it well-nourished and hydrated.
During the day, use a lightweight moisturizer with SPF and, at night, opt for a face cream that will help repair any existing damage and protect your skin from further harm, like retinol.
You can also add other natural skincare items like toners, serums, or oils to give your complexion an extra boost of nourishment.
What you eat and drink is as vital as what you apply to your skin to keep it nourished and hydrated. So remember to eat foods that nourish your skin from the inside out.
Food that nourishes the skin:
- Bell peppers
- Chia seeds
- Citrus fruits
- Dark chocolate
- Flax seeds
- Omega-3 fatty acids (salmon, mackerel, tuna)
- Red grapes
- Sunflower seeds
- Sweet potatoes
Aside from water, you can also drink coconut water, green tea, and fruit juices to keep your skin hydrated and glowing as part of your natural anti-aging routine.
Stay physically active (yoga, cycling, or walking).
Staying physically active is another important factor when fighting off the signs of aging.
Exercise helps boost blood flow, which increases oxygen levels in the skin and encourages collagen production.
Moderate physical activity like yoga, cycling, or even walking can help reduce stress and improve overall health.
In addition, they can help flush out toxins, pump blood toward your skin for a glowing effect, and stretch your muscles.
Incorporating regular exercise into your lifestyle can help give you that youthful glow that all of us are after!
Get a face and body massage (percussive therapy).
The age-old practice of face and body massage can reduce inflammation and increase circulation.
Investing in an excellent professional massage is a long-term asset in your health and beauty. Keep it going each month as part of your wellness routine.
You can keep it in your office or at home to get a good massage during your break or after a long day.
Most massage chairs have settings where you can choose different massage programs and styles.
For example, the Osaki Titan 4D Fleetwood LE has 12 massage programs that will suit your need:
- Chair Yoga: Uses moderate kneading and stretching techniques to relax tired muscles and sustain flexibility.
- Wake Up: This focused shoulder and back massage will set the day's tone by revitalizing your muscles and waking up your body.
- Relaxation: This great all-around massage incorporates the chair's features for the universal massage available.
- CEO Comfort: Uses high-intensity massage techniques to provide the utmost relief and comfort.
- Queen Special: Adopts a mild shiatsu, kneading, and pressing massage to relieve fatigue, boost vitality, and shape the body.
- Senior Priority: A gentle massage to relax the lower back and hips. This program promotes flexibility and recovery.
- Neck & Shoulder: By kneading, pressing, and lifting, this massage technique aims to relieve pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Back & Spine: Combines deep tissue massage techniques to relax the lumbar, spine, and upper back.
- Waist & Hip: A similar deep tissue massage singling out the abdomen, hips, and lumbar.
- Morning Zap: A stimulating and whole massage that wakes the body and promotes mental health.
- Refreshing Nap: A soothing massage across the entire body used to relieve tension, improve digestion, and refresh your muscles.
- Sweet Dreams: This gentle encompassing massage utilizes several techniques to prepare the body for sleep.
If you want to add an anti-aging facial massage to your skincare routine, follow these easy steps from Dr. Mona Vand.
What is percussive therapy, and how will it prevent skin aging?
Percussive therapy massage uses fast and rhythmic pressure combined with vibration therapy.
It reaches 60% deeper into the muscle compared to vibration therapy alone. Therefore, a thorough facial massage with percussive therapy can be one of the best natural anti-aging routines as it helps reduce the severity of facial wrinkles, skin texture, and neck texture.
The Therabody TheraFace PRO is a handheld face massager with percussive therapy.
As one of the best tools for anti-aging routine, it offers several benefits such as:
- Alleviates tension in the face, jaw, neck, and head.
- Tightens skin.
- Improves muscle tone in the face and neck.
- Helps firm and plump skin for a youthful glow.
- Helps reduce wrinkles around the eyes.
- Boosts the removal of pore-blocking debris and dead skin.
Steam and infrared sauna for a youthful glow.
Heat therapy is another favorite anti-aging routine for glowing skin.
Steam and infrared sauna treatments can fight the signs of aging by deeply cleansing the skin and promoting circulation, leading to a brighter complexion.
Regular facial and body steaming help keep your skin soft, hydrated, and youthful.
Aside from the steam produced in an infrared sauna, the infrared light can help increase collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid production in the skin (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology).
In summary: Anti-aging routine for glowing skin
Aging is inevitable, but you can age gracefully by taking good care of your health. It’s best to start your anti-aging skincare routine while you’re still young, but applying anti-aging skin products is not enough. You need to nourish and care for your skin from the inside out. Adapt a healthy lifestyle, eat right, and stay physically active so you embrace and do not dread aging. It is, after all, a gift denied to many.